To create a mirrored volume in Windows Server 2008 R2
- In the Start Menu right click Computer,
- In the popup menu select Manage,
- On the left side of Server Manager expand Storage and select Disk Management,
- You need a second hard drive with as much unallocated space on it as the size of the volume you want to mirror.
- Right click the volume you want to mirror and select Add Mirror…
- Select the disk that will contain the mirror and click the Add Mirror button,
- The operating system will create a volume on the mirror disk and will start to copy the contents of the original volume to the mirror. This operation can take hours depending on the size of the mirrored volume.