When you use RightScale to launch servers in the cloud, you want to use the same base image to test your Chef cookbooks in Test Kitchen.
Packer by Hashicorp is a utility to create custom server images based on cloud images. You supply the image ID and other configuration parameters to create a new custom image.
To find the AMI ID of the base image of the RightScale Server Template
- Open the RightScale user interface in your browser,
- Select the RightScale account where the server template was created,
- In RightScale Cloud Management select Design / ServerTemplates,
- Select the server template,
- Select Images,
- Select the MultiCloud image,
- Select Clouds,
- Select the image in the region you are working in,
- The Resource UID is the AMI ID of the image.
Thank you so much for these great information. Your hard work and insights are appreciated.
Leave a comment