On Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 the Dyn Updater cannot update the IP address if you set the IPv-4 Configuration to Automatic during installation. The log contains the following error messages:
daemon – WARNING – Unable to get IP addresses for …dyndns.org, will retry later.
frontend – WARNING – API request failed. Status: 500 Method: ipaddress.get
frontend – WARNING – API error: Error connecting to checkip.dyndns.org. Please verify your internet connection and try again.
To make the Automatic IPv-4 Configuration setting work
- Open a web browser and get the current IP address by navigating to http://checkip.dyndns.com/
- Open the Dyn Updater,
- Select the host you want to fix,
- Click the Configure Selected Hosts button.
- Select Static Address for the IPv4 Configuration,
- Enter the current IP address,
- Click the OK button.
- Select the item again and click the Refresh Host List button.
- Select the item again and click the Configure Selected Hosts button.
- Select the Automatic IPv-4 Configuration and click the OK button.