Turn off auto-indent on paste to stop Atom reformatting your code.
- In the Atom menu select Preferences
- On the left side select Editor
- Uncheck Auto Indent On Paste
- Check Show Indent Guide
- Set Tab Type to soft to place 2 spaces when you press the tab key
Atom language packs
Atom language packs help you with code completion.
Install language packs
- In the Atom menu select Preferences…
- On the left select Install, and type the name of the language pack into the text box and hit enter. Click the Install button to install the language pack.
How to use language packs
- Start to type the name of the resource, and a list appears with the matching resources.
- Select the resource in the list with the cursor keys and press tab to insert the code snippet
- Make the appropriate changes to customize the resource.