Modern computers don’t have DVD drives anymore. To install Windows 10 on a new system you need to place the Windows 10 installation media on a bootable USB drive. To prepare the bootable USB drive you need a working computer with Windows 10.
Create the bootable USB media
- Insert a USB drive into your old computer (all files will be deleted from the USB drive)
- Navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and click the Download tool now button to download the media creator tool
- Follow the instructions on the page to prepare the bootable USB drive
- Restart the computer and enter into the BIOS settings
- On Toshiba laptops press the F2 key while the Toshiba logo is shown
- Set the USB drive the first item in the boot order and save the new BIOS settings
- When the computer boots from the USB drive follow the instructions to install the Operating system
- When the computer automatically reboots during the OS installation, remove the USB drive to let the machine boot from the hard drive and complete the Windows configuration.