When I update the DJI Phantom 4 firmware with DJI Assistant 2 most of the times the update stops at 92%.
If I turn off the DJI Phantom 4 and turn it on again the rear lights blink fast yellow (or fast white), and the DJI Assistant 2 application cannot recognize the DJI Phantom 4 anymore through the USB cable.
I have not found a graceful way to finish the update, but the following steps make the Phantom work again.
- Turn off the Phantom 4 with the power switch on the battery.
- Connect a mobile device to the DJI Phantom 4 remote controller with a USB cable.
- Turn on the Phantom 4 remote controller.
- Start the DJI Go app on the mobile device connected to the DJI Phantom 4 remote controller.
- Turn on the DJI Phantom 4 with the power switch on the battery.
- Tap the Camera link in the DJI Go app to connect to the DJI Phantom 4 aircraft.
- The DJI Go app should display the message that the Overall Status is “Normal, (Latest Firmware)”.
If the status page does not open automatically to display the status page, tap the upper part of the DJI Go app right of the DJI logo where the GPS status message is displayed.
- After the firmware update Multiple Flight Modes is usually turned off. To turn on Multiple Flight Modes
- On the top of the DJI GO app tap the drone symbol next to the flight mode name (OPTI).
- Slide the switch to the right in the Multiple Flight Modes section.