When you press the Shift key five times Windows turns on a feature called Sticky Keys to help people to type with one hand. Sometimes this can cause inconvenience when you want to use two hands and just pressed the Shift key too many times.
To turn off this automatic feature in Windows 7
- In the Control Panel select Ease of Access Center
- Select the Make the keyboard easier to use link
- In the Make it easier to type section select the Set up Sticky Keys link
- In the Keyboard shortcut section uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times
- In the Options section uncheck Lock modifier keys when pressed twice in a row