When a TeamCity build step needs to use a password, there is a way to obfuscate it.
- In the TeamCity web interface navigate to the project,
- On the project page open the Parameters page,
- Click the Add new parameter button,
- Enter the name of the parameter, the password value, and click the Edit button to set the special settings,
- Set the Display to Hidden, and the Type to Password to hide the value from the user interface. Click the Save button on this window and the on the parent window to save the parameter.
- To use the parameter in a build step, surround it with % signs.