This recipe is enough for 2 large pizzas.
- 1-1/2 cup warm (105-110 °F) water ( around 30 seconds in the microwave )
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast ( 1 package )
- 4 cups app-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl whisk the water, sugar, and yeast together, Let it sit for about 10 minutes or until it froths up.
- In the bowl of the mixer mix together the flour, salt, olive oil, and yeast mixture with the dough hook for about 5 minutes or until the dough is soft and elastic. It is done when it comes clean down from the side.
- Shape the dough into a ball and put it into an oiled bowl. Also, rub the dough with oil and cover it with a foil wrap or a lid, and refrigerate. You can freeze the dough if you don’t use it the same day.
- Preheat the oven to the highest temperature it can provide.
- If we bake on 550 °F, the pizza is done in 8 – 10 minutes.