FaceTrackNoIR is a free open source head tracking device to detect the movement of your head in simulation games.
In a web browser go to http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/information_links/download.htm
- Download the full installer
- Run the SetupFaceTrackNoIR_Full_v170.exe
- On the select components page uncheck the Protocol for Virtual Jostick(s) in the Interface to games section. You don’t need it now.
In a web browser go to http://www.faceapi.com/Download/register.php
- Fill out the registration form and open your email for the activation link.
- Click the Click here to continue link
- Select the Non-Commercial faceAPI link to downolad the head tracking API
- Double click the FaceTrackingAPI_NC-V3.2.6.zip
- Allow the extraction of the included files
- Install all features the setup_faceTrackingAPI_NC_V3.2.6.exe
In a web browser go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/facetracknoir/?source=dlp
- Download and install the SetupFaceTrackNoIR_Full_v170.exe file
- Copy the headtracker folder to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin (sorry I have to research the source of the “headtracker” folder)
Activate the head tracking
- Double click the FaceTrackNoIR icon on your desktop to start the face tracking application
- In the Profile group click the Load button.
- In the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\headtracker folder select the DCS_A10C.ini file
- In the Global Settings group set the Smoothing to 20
- In the Filter group set the filter to Accelera filter Mk2
- On the Options menu select Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
- For Center select the Middle mouse button
- Click the Start button to start head tracking