Move the Git repositories to a new workstation
If you want to move Git repositories to your new workstation
- Commit and push all repositories to GitHub on the old workstation,
- Copy the folders from your old workstation to the new,
- Execute the following command in all Git repositories on the new workstation.
git reset --hard
Copying Terraform scripts from a Windows workstation
If the Terraform scripts reference modules, terraform creates symbolic links to those modules in the .terraform/modules directories. When you try to copy those symbolic links on a Windows machine the copy process stops. To copy the Terraform scripts
- Start Windows explorer in the folder above the Terraform script folders,
- Search for .terraform,
- In the search result list delete the .terraform folders.
If you migrate between Windows and Macintosh you need to update a few paths, because the two operating systems store user specific files at different places.
The ssh_key location in the .kitchen.yml file should start with
- On Macintosh: ~/.aws/
- On Windows: C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\.aws\