The base installation of NetBeans does not include the web development category.
To add the Java web development tools to NetBeans
- Start the NetBeans IDE,
- In the Tools menu select Plugins,
- On the Available Plugins tab select the Java EE Base plugin and click the Install button,
- If any of the installed plugins is missing the valid signature, you need to click the Continue button to allow the installation,
- For the plugin installation, you need to restart the NetBeans IDE,
- During the next start, NetBeans installs the new plugins,
- The Java Web category is now available.